About Me

I am an outgoing, bubbly and often times crazy individual. I love being goofy and silly. I often say that life with me will never be boring. I enjoy my life and appreciate every moment of it. There is nothing like getting lost in my artwork...in my own little world... Often times when I get an idea, or begin a new project, I will "dive in" and only "come up for air".

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Week 2


Meet Rex:

He is a project I started a while ago, and let rest.. WHY? I donno... He's so friggen cute! Rex is currently in my pile of  "next projects" I can't wait to get started back up on him.
Rex is made up of foil gum wrappers!!! - Yes he is shiny! The background/paper was colored with leftover acrylic paint, and actually has a nice variety of visible blue streaks in the brushstrokes. I enjoy the combination of materials used so far. After Rex is foiled (haha).. I will be adding other details like grass and sand and twigs... any ideas? I am open to suggestions!




Remember last week's post???

Let me quote :

"At the same time, It is said that if you create a goal for yourself and post it publicly (like on this blog) you are 100% more likely to achieve that goal....
...Therefore:
Long term Goal 1: Blog at least once each week. Long term Goal 2: Create ONE GOAL for myself each week and post it in that blog."




HA! ....Um... It's not the beginning of the week... and I have no idea what I want my goal this week to be. I guess it was to uphold last week's goals and prove to myself that I could do it.... WELL! A goal is meant to be worked on ...right? and to be worked for.... hard? OK... I'm working on it... and I will get better! I keep telling myself this (the blogging thing) is a process. Meaning, I need to get in the habit of blogging... That, and reminding myself of the goal of my blogging well help me get there.

Right now (I am still tweaking the wording) the goal or purpose of my blogging is

One: I love being creative! and I want to share my creative ideas, endeavors and experiences with others. 
Two: I express myself through my creativity and, in turn, want to use my creative skills to help others express themselves! I hope others can use the accessories I have available at my shop, to help their personality shine!
Three: Therefore I intend to build awareness of the work I have done and to make it available to others through my etsy shop. www.etsy.com/shop/barefootedwanderer


..Like I said, it's not "done" and I definitely have a lot more little "tid bits" I want to add to my goal...


I am also acquainting myself with the ability to schedule posts... I hope this can help me remain more active on this blog... And help me gain some views (my stats are terribly low, I got 2 views this week). 
 

Also, a quick plug. Sandy Steen Bartholomew is a local artist that I was introduced to a few years ago. She is funny and fun and very creative! Sandy hosts an open studio every Friday night at the BeeHive... Tomorrow, I will be working on my RBBIZ plan... Check out her blog:
beezinthebelfry.blogspot.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment