About Me

I am an outgoing, bubbly and often times crazy individual. I love being goofy and silly. I often say that life with me will never be boring. I enjoy my life and appreciate every moment of it. There is nothing like getting lost in my artwork...in my own little world... Often times when I get an idea, or begin a new project, I will "dive in" and only "come up for air".

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Whimsical Woman....in progress..

This young woman is my current work in progress... I love the idea that is in my head... But because I have such high expectations for it, she is taking forever.


I was originally inspired by another artist, Michelle Mathey. I have been following her blog "Pigment of my Imagination" for a while now and have always marveled at the portraits she creates. I love the simple colorful style of her work... The way she uses a variety of different black lines.... The way her bold solid colors create a sense of feeling. The people she creates are simply drawn, but have SO much character and personality. 

I decided to give it a try...

A simple sketch of a woman (I had no one in mind when I started it... I just went with the flow). Now, she looks a lot like one of my cousins.
Here, I began adding color using my Inktense blocks. Sandy, you were right... the Inkense are AWESOME!!
  
My workspace... who said creation was clean??... My creative side shuts off if it is too clean around me... I like the term "organized mess" when I am working.
I took a break from painting/inking the hair... I wanted to see how it looked when it was dry... (the color does change a bit when there is no water on the paper anymore).. in the meantime, I began creating the Zentangle Y.A.F. pattern that I am going to put in her hair...
Back to the girl, and inking in the colors... In this picture I am almost done with the color... I think she is going to get a little more rouge on her cheeks.
Creating the background for my Whimsical Woman... I want something that contrasts the colors and lines of the face and hair... A Zentangle background using grid-based patterns to contrast the soft curved lines of the hair?
More work on the Y.A.F. ...adding some green-ish and pink-ish pigments... and some glitter... not too much, just a little.
Where the Whimsical Woman stands now... I have a bit more to do. Maybe I will have her finished up sometime tomorrow... but you never know... I tend to keep adding and adding to my projects whenever I think I am almost done.   





Now, here's the thing... I feel like she needs a name... Any thoughts? I am looking for ideas!

1 comment:

  1. THANK you so much for your kind comment!! I've been inspired by so many different people and the thought that I've inspired someone else makes me really happy!!
    You've done a really great job on her hair!!
    Maybe you should name her after your cousin - or maybe a nickname of your cousin's. . .

    ReplyDelete