About Me

I am an outgoing, bubbly and often times crazy individual. I love being goofy and silly. I often say that life with me will never be boring. I enjoy my life and appreciate every moment of it. There is nothing like getting lost in my artwork...in my own little world... Often times when I get an idea, or begin a new project, I will "dive in" and only "come up for air".

Friday, March 22, 2013

Week 3... a school-busy... artistically-quiet week.


Alright,

This week, I dropped the ball... or maybe didn't drop it but its definitely dribbling away from me.

I didn't post a goal at the beginning of the week, like I had hoped I would. And I didn't really think up one either... To be honest. I looked at my schedule for the week and just hoped to make it through without becoming too frazzled .. It is now Friday... the last day of my work week..YEAH!
My Saturdays are when I have time to myself and can focus my time on being creative and begin my personal rejuvenation for the week ahead.  Looking forward to tomorrow!

I did, however, get several things started and accomplished this week! Check it out!



A friend of mine asked me to make a Sock Monkey hat for her grandson. The little boy is three years old and it is my understanding that he LOVES his Sock Monkey toy to pieces and she thinks he'll be thrilled to have a hat to match!


The first hat I made ended up being HUGE... OK well huge for a 3 year old (it fit my head). So I began hat #2. I kept hat #1 to make sure I didn't goof up again... I was constantly measuring the cranium of #2 to #1.


Hat #2 finished... Now for the features! ...notice the mouth off to the side. It looks silly when it's not attached to the hat.


All Done! And WAAYYY better than I had expected. I am so proud of the way Mr. Sock Monkey came out. ---I almost don't want to sell him.


The eyes are made out of black buttons that have been sewn onto the hat... And I made the ear flaps double thickness... they are great!

I finalized the etsy post for Mr. Sock Monkey this evening... you can view it here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/127244120/reserved-for-meg-cildrens-sock-monkey

I will also create a post for custom ordered Sock Monkey hats so that the public can place orders with their choice of colors and design...



Other things this week...


My sister gave me this hair clip she made... I LOVE IT! Its made of a bobby pin and button and selection of feathers... I am trying to get her to make some for my etsy shop!


Here is another pic of the hair clip.. I was trying to get a good shot of the super pretty shiny green feather but kept getting glare from the table. But I love the way the brown table accents the brown button and pulls out the browns in the feathers.




I also finished crocheting the octopus hat I started months ago...


 ...and started painting the Bright YELLOW Eyes!


I'm not sure I like the way the acrylic paint was sticking to the button... It started peeling... Even after I sprayed it with a semigloss... I'm going to try coating it with nail polish... Usually that is my go-to... It's like duct tape!




Also! Check out this teapot and cup set one of my students is making .. this is an independent project. She is no longer in my class (her ceramics class was first term and ended in January) so she's been coming in during her study hall and after school to work on it.





No comments:

Post a Comment