About Me

I am an outgoing, bubbly and often times crazy individual. I love being goofy and silly. I often say that life with me will never be boring. I enjoy my life and appreciate every moment of it. There is nothing like getting lost in my artwork...in my own little world... Often times when I get an idea, or begin a new project, I will "dive in" and only "come up for air".

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Elephants!


As I mentioned in my previous post, Carla Sonheim is hosting a 2 week Blog Party celebrating the release of her new book Imaginary Animals.

Today, Day 5,  the activity at her party was to draw Blind Contour Drawings of a baby elephant... I was quite inspired and actually incorporated into two of my classes. It was the perfect time to stumble upon (or more likely be reminded of contour drawings). My students were "Strain Brained" (yes I made up that word... but I bet you know what it means!) ... My students had become quite frustrated with their current project(s) and needed an activity that was productive, and they could learn from, yet would also allow them to loosen up a lot! This was a PERFECT activity.

Of course, I had to do some myself. Here are four of mine... The first and second images are the same paper. However the first one only shows one elephant, while the second image was taken later and shows three.

Hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment