About Me

I am an outgoing, bubbly and often times crazy individual. I love being goofy and silly. I often say that life with me will never be boring. I enjoy my life and appreciate every moment of it. There is nothing like getting lost in my artwork...in my own little world... Often times when I get an idea, or begin a new project, I will "dive in" and only "come up for air".

Monday, February 13, 2012

Tolerance...

I found an excerpt in the Teaching Tolerance issue I received today. It was only the first 3 paragraphs of this blog post but, in light of recent events (in class today) I felt the need to look it up ASAP.

http://www.tolerance.org/blog/it-s-time-put-stereotype-threat-rest

There is also this article...

http://www.tolerance.org/activity/not-post-racial-yet

OH! and I want to read this book...

http://www.gladwell.com/blink/

I'm currently in the search for a particularly powerful lesson on tolerance, inclusion, slurs and other "jar words". I've developed a few lessons in the past that explored how "The things we say and do, directly influence those around us, whether or not we know about it." However, I'm not sure it will be as successful with this group of students. I need to find a project that analyzes the meaning of words, their misconceptions, as well as their effect on others.

My magazine came in at the perfect time. I only hope I have the ability to teach this group and make a difference.

Wish me luck... Pray for me... Whatever you do, I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment