About Me

I am an outgoing, bubbly and often times crazy individual. I love being goofy and silly. I often say that life with me will never be boring. I enjoy my life and appreciate every moment of it. There is nothing like getting lost in my artwork...in my own little world... Often times when I get an idea, or begin a new project, I will "dive in" and only "come up for air".

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

10 Minutes a Day...

My sister and I were talking the other day... about everything... but spent quite a bit of time talking about our... for lack of a better explanation...  artistic practices...
 
It boils down to this. We are both very creative and love working on our various art projects. Unfortunately, we both lead busy lives and while we are being creative in our work, we are not sketching; which is something we would both like to do more of. We both try to make room to sketch or draw in our schedule... and have great intentions to "make a change" and "make it happen". Heck I've even written it on my schedule. But something always seems to get in the way... excuses, excuses... Sooo... We have challenged each other to sketch 10 min every day.
 
Here it is! the first sketch of our challenge..
 
Yesterday, as my boyfriend and I were setting up to go fishing it dawned on me... rather hard. That while it was still early in the afternoon, by the time we got home, it would be late and I would (again) have pushed off sketching... So, then and there. I sketched.... and it was so much fun!
 
 
These pictures are not exactly where I was sketching from... but of the same area across the river.
 
 
 And of course... I left some room for artistic interpretation..
 
It is definitely not a complete sketch. I am considering adding some watercolor or colored pencil to it. At the same time I like the unfinished appearance of it.... I will have to ponder my sketch a while longer.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment