About Me

I am an outgoing, bubbly and often times crazy individual. I love being goofy and silly. I often say that life with me will never be boring. I enjoy my life and appreciate every moment of it. There is nothing like getting lost in my artwork...in my own little world... Often times when I get an idea, or begin a new project, I will "dive in" and only "come up for air".

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I had almost forgotten how much I LOVE to throw!!!

It is so easy to get carried away in the rush of life.. the non stop action of teaching... along with all the lessons and grading and paperwork..  and then needing to make sure I am assisting each of my students over the course of thI class and being supportive of everyone... I don't want anyone to feel like I've forgotten about them....

I love to teach. And I love to create art... naturally I love to teach art... but teaching art is not the same as creating my own Art... 

The other day I had a demonstration in my 2 ceramics classes on centering clay on the wheel... and pulling a basic cylinder... I then decided to show my classes a few other tricks they could try.. to easily modify their vessel...

I had SO MUCH FUN!! It's like I got sucked into my own land... away from the classroom and to my own dreamworld. I really didn't... and amazingly I was still completely aware of the students sitting semi-circle around me, and the ones roaming around the room behind them (Ask any one of the students paying attention. I had to stop and disilcipline my roamers a number of times.. the former group was not impressed).

But my muscle memory was right on que. And the cylinders came out perfect and smooth and balanced... I couldn't believe it!! The whole process was so smooth... and I could manipulate the clay so much!!  *sigh*

I need to throw more...but was 40 minutes of sheer pleasure.. and the strongest dose dose of art therapy I've experienced in a long time!

Anyway... I'm totally rambling...

Check them out...

I will be glazing them tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment